First and foremost, I appreciate everyone who has nominated me as Most Thought-Provoking Blog in the Anime Blog Awards. I truly appreciate the support, and I am truly grateful. I wouldn’t have been here without your support. This is certainly one of the pinnacles in my career as an anime blogger.
But it hopefully doesn’t stop there. I would like your vote. However, I don’t have the loudness, the controversy, the establishment, or the degree that my competitors have. (In truth, I don’t have much to go for me.) However, I can say that I have written regarding anime (dating from my very first blog) for more than two years already, and I have tried my best to write posts in such a way as to foment discussion and critical thinking. While I have been successful for the most part (at least, that’s what most of my comments and commentators say), I have also had fiascos occur at times. I try to be very honest as a writer, and sometimes the emotions do get in the way, but I have tried to be consistent as a writer that provokes thought (even before the awards were started).
What do I have for me?
- I have tried to create a niche within the anime niche by the juxtaposition of anime with different media: most of the time, however, the medium of comparison I have used is literature or cinema;
- I believe I have been open with regard to my life in general, and as even just as a blogger I’m very proud of that;
- I believe I am the only Filipino blogger who has qualified for voting among all the categories (so vote for me, kababayan!);
- I attempt to deliver a message as concisely as possible (but I fail at times);
- I have never deleted any post detrimental to me, any critical comment, or anything negative that has been posted; I have been very open to opinions and change them when I become convinced that to change is better; I have tried to be nice whenever I reply to my commentators (although I don’t think I can be as nice as Jeff); finally, I have no gimmickry with regard to my writing (except for this one, and for my link posting on IRC): I have rarely written articles that were made simply to incite and created no unnecessary drama.
I think those mean something.
If you’re still unconvinced, however, I will write fifteen posts in the span of fifteen days which hopefully will convince you. While they will discuss and traverse different territories of anime and manga, I hope that at the very least one of them will convince the blogger/reader reading this to vote for me. 🙂